Tadeo & Silva Law Firm:
Your Bicycle Accident Attorneys Duluth, GA
If you are injured in a bicycle accident and need bicycle accident attorneys in Duluth, GA help, contact Tadeo & Silva Law today. We can offer you the counsel you need.
The Tadeo & Silva Law Firm is located at 3555 Koger Blvd, Suite 120, in Duluth, GA, 30096. You can contact us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Duluth, GA
Accidents involving bicycles can result in serious serious injury, emotional trauma, and property damage. According to the most recent bicycle accident report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 966 cyclists were killed and 41,615 were injured in traffic crashes.
Were you or a loved one injured in a bike crash in Duluth, GA? You may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and more. A Duluth bicycle accident attorney can help you file a personal injury claim and represent you throughout the process.
The other driver’s insurance company may, and probably will, try to offer you a low offer or outrightly deny your claim. Having an experienced Atlanta bicycle accident lawyer on your side is crucial to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Duluth bicycle accident attorneys at Tadeo & Silva Law Firm have helped hundreds receive a fair settlement without going to court. We are happy to help you!
Types of Bicycle Accidents
Bike accidents can involve a collision with a motor vehicle, an object, an animal, a person, or another bicycle. Recent accident statistics and trends show that bicycle collisions with motor vehicles cause serious injuries and damages.
Some of the most common types of bicycle accidents are:
- Right cross-bike accidents: A car enters the roadway from the right and hits or pulls out in front of the bicyclist, causing the bike to hit the car.
- Left cross-bike accidents: A motor vehicle travels in the opposite direction of a bicyclist and turns left in front of or into the bicyclist.
- Door prize bike accidents: These happen when a parked car’s door is opened into the oncoming traffic or bike lanes, causing the bicyclist to crash into the door or swerve into traffic.
- Rear-end bike accidents: A motor vehicle hits a bicyclist from behind.
- Wrong-way bike accidents: A bicyclist rides on the wrong side of the road and is hit by a car entering the road from the left or in a head-on collision.
- Red light accidents: A bicyclist or a driver fails to stop at a red light or stop sign, causing a collision.
- Bike-on-bike collisions: Two bicyclists collide with each other, usually due to one rider disobeying traffic laws or riding negligently.
- Single-bike accidents: A bicyclist crashes due to hazards like inclement weather, potholes, debris, or uneven surfaces.
These bicycle accidents can lead to severe injuries, especially to bicycle riders, who often only have helmets for protection. If you have been injured or harmed in a bicycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, personal injury attorneys at Tadeo & Silva Law Firm can help you recover compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
How Does a Bicycle Accident Claim Work?
Bike accident victims can file personal injury claims and may be able to receive compensation for their injuries. This typically involves opening a claim with the liable party’s insurance company. In Georgia, you have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim.
Pursuing a claim for your bicycle accident injuries may involve:
Filing a police report: You should contact law enforcement as soon as possible to report the crash and get it documented in a police report.
Receiving medical treatment: You should seek medical treatment for any accident-related injury and keep all your medical records and bills as evidence of your injury and damages.
Opening an insurance claim: You or your attorney will contact the other party’s insurance companies to open a claim for your injuries and any property damage. If no other party is involved in the crash, you may be able to file with your own insurer.
Submitting a demand package: Your attorney will collect all evidence related to your injuries and damages and submit it to the insurance provider with a demand letter.
Settling the claim: After reviewing the demand package, the insurance company may agree to your demands or make a counteroffer. If a settlement is reached at this stage, you will be compensated, and no further action will be required. However, if negotiations fail or the insurance denies your claim, you can take your claim to court.
Filing a lawsuit: Your attorney will draft and file a complaint against the liable party. The other party will file a response to your allegations, and both parties will begin collecting and reviewing evidence related to the case, known as “discovery.”
Trial and Judgment: The case will proceed to trial if a settlement is not reached during the discovery phase. If the jury or judge finds the other party responsible for your injuries, a judgment will be entered in your favor.
Negotiating and compromising liens: Your health insurance company, medical providers, and others may have liens against any settlement you receive as the result of a settlement or judgment. Your attorney can assist you in settling these outstanding debts.
Are you a bicycle accident victim in Duluth or the surrounding area? The bicycle accident attorneys at Tadeo & Silva Law Firm can assist you with your personal injury claim and see that you are fairly compensated.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you suffered severe injuries or property damages as a result of a serious bicycle accident, you may have a legal claim against the responsible party. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you or your loved one recover compensation by taking the necessary legal action.
Here are a few ways in which a bicycle attorney can help you:
- Investigate the causes of the accident and determine liability
- Identify witnesses, evidence, and possible violations of traffic laws or safety rules
- Collect and review evidence, including:
- Photos of the accident scene, injuries, and any property damage
- Videos of the accident scene, injuries, and any property damage
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Bike repair receipts
- Calculate damages by evaluating losses suffered, such as medical expenses, lost wages, emotional trauma, and property damage
- Prepare and file your claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit if a pre-suit settlement is not reached or if the two-year statute of limitations is about to expire
- Represent your interests and present your case at trial
- Appeal an unfavorable verdict, arguing to a higher court why it should be reversed or modified
Contact Tadeo & Silva Law Firm Today
At Tadeo & Silva Law Firm, we believe in bringing justice to personal injury victims and do everything we can to make it happen.
Our legal team has extensive experience in Georgia personal injury law, and we use it to help bicycle accident victims receive fair compensation. Contact a Duluth bicycle accident lawyer at Tadeo & Silva Law Firm today for a free and no-obligation consultation.