Duluth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured and need a Duluth catastrophic injury Lawyer? Tadeo & Silva Law can offer you the legal representation you need. Call us today.
The Tadeo & Silva Law Firm is located at 3555 Koger Blvd, Suite 120, in Duluth, GA, 30096. You can contact us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Duluth Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Did you or a loved one suffer catastrophic injuries due to someone else’s negligence? You can get justice and receive monetary compensation by filing a personal injury claim or a lawsuit.
According to Duluth car accident statistics, catastrophic injuries, such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries, are common among victims of motor vehicle accidents. These injuries can lead to permanent disabilities, long and slow recovery periods, and significantly expensive medical bills.
A Duluth personal injury attorney can assist you in filing your claim, collecting favorable evidence, and negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company for the compensation you deserve.
Experienced Duluth personal injury lawyers at Tadeo & Silva Law are available to help you through these challenging times. We have helped hundreds of motor vehicle accident victims recover compensation for their damages.
The Duluth Catastrophic Injury Claim Process
Are you grappling with a Duluth catastrophic injury case? Understanding the necessary steps to take is paramount for your well-being and future. Here’s a comprehensive guide on what to do after such a traumatic event:
- Collect Evidence: Proving the extent of the injuries you suffered is critical to the success of your claim. You must request and collect all your medical records, hospital bills, doctors’ opinions, etc. If you or a family member have other evidence from the scene, such as photos of the accident scene, keep them.
- Consult an experienced legal team: Catastrophic injuries come with substantial physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Insurance companies often attempt to deny or undervalue valid claims, especially in severe injury cases. A personal injury lawyer with experience in Duluth catastrophic injury cases is invaluable. They can assist in the following ways:
- Investigating the case
- Gathering vital evidence
- Liaising with insurance adjusters
- Advocating for the compensation you deserve
- File an insurance claim: To initiate the claims process, your attorney will draft and file your demand letter with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Investigation and negotiations will ensue, and then a decision is made. If your claim is denied or you are not satisfied with the offered settlement amount, you can go to court.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
While most personal injury claims are settled out of court, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit to get the justice you deserve. It is admittedly a longer and more expensive process, but it often yields a higher settlement. Your lawyer will handle the filing of your suit and walk you through the process.
Another situation where you might have to file a lawsuit is when the other driver is uninsured or underinsured.
Here’s how the court process usually goes:
- Initiating the lawsuit: Your attorney will file a complaint with the appropriate court along with all the necessary documents. You will be referred to as the plaintiff and the at-fault party’s insurance company as the defendant.
- Discovery: Your attorney and the defendant’s legal team will exchange evidence and documents. Both parties can engage in negotiations. There’s still a chance for an out-of-court settlement as long as the trial hasn’t been held yet.
- Trial: If your case proceeds to trial, your attorney will present your case before the judge or jury. In addition to your damages, the court may award you punitive damages if the at-fault party acted with gross negligence or malice.
If your personal injury case succeeds, you may be awarded compensation for lost wages, medical bills, permanent disabilities, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Consulting experienced personal injury attorneys is vital to ensure catastrophic injury victims receive a fair financial recovery.
Different Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are sudden and often caused by unexpected accidents, resulting in serious physical bodily damage. Usually, these injuries have lasting effects, making it impossible to fully recover. The outcome of such injuries can drastically change one’s life. Some of the various forms of catastrophic injuries are:
Paralysis from spinal cord injury
Losing a body part
Losing physical or cognitive functions
Physical injuries are almost always accompanied by emotional and financial distress. At our personal injury law firm, we understand the hard times you are going through. This is why we work on a contingency basis so that you only pay us when we win your case.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can happen for many reasons, but some of the most common are:
- Motor vehicle incidents: Such as car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents: From various occupational hazards and mishaps
- Sports-related accidents: During athletic activities or sports competitions
- Medical negligence: From medical malpractice, birth injuries, or other healthcare errors
- Product deficiencies: Defective products or equipment that cause severe injuries
- Slip and fall incidents
How a Catastrophic Injury Attorney Can Help You
A catastrophic injury takes a toll on your life and finances. You need a catastrophic injury attorney at Tadeo & Silva Law to handle your catastrophic injury case and help you recover compensation. Here’s how we can help:
- We evaluate your case and investigate the cause of your injury.
- We collect vital evidence from witnesses, police reports, medical records, and surveillance footage. We use this evidence to support your claim and show the extent of your damages.
- We prove negligence and liability and file your claim on time.
- We negotiate skillfully with insurers and defendants. We fight for maximum compensation, covering your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and all your expenses.
- We represent you effectively in court if needed. If you lost a loved one to a catastrophic injury, we can also pursue a wrongful death claim for you.
Contact Us at Tadeo & Silva Law
If you sustained a catastrophic injury following a motor vehicle accident, you need an experienced Duluth catastrophic injury lawyer. Accident attorneys at Tadeo & Silva Law stand with you every step of the way.
Contact our Duluth catastrophic injury lawyers today for a case evaluation.