Tadeo & Silva Law Firm:
Your Duluth Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Do you want to file for compensation for brain injury damages in Duluth? Contact a Duluth traumatic brain injury lawyer from Tadeo & Silva Law. Schedule a consultation with us today.
The Tadeo & Silva Law Firm is located at 3555 Koger Blvd, Suite 120, in Duluth, GA, 30096. You can contact us Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Duluth Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Have you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to someone’s negligence or intentional malice? You may be entitled to compensation for your TBI and any other injuries you sustained.
According to Duluth accident statistics and trends, most traumatic brain injury cases involve:
Significant medical bills
Pain and suffering
Duluth brain injury lawyers at Tadeo & Silva Law Firm are ready to help you hold the at-fault party accountable. We work with our clients from start to finish, making sure they are fairly treated every step of the way.
We know the toll such an injury can have on your finances, future, and family, and no amount of money can equate to your losses. However, recovering the fair compensation you deserve can help mitigate the impact on your life.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A TBI occurs when an external force injures brain tissue. This can be caused by penetration, a blow, or a bump to the head. TBIs range from mild to severe depending on the extent and location of the brain damage. These injuries can affect a person’s cognitive, physical, and emotional functioning, including:
According to the National Institutes of Health, 1.7 million people in the United States suffer a TBI each year, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported over 69,000 TBI-related deaths in the United States in 2021.
Children between the ages of 0 and 4, adolescents ages 15 to 19, and adults over 65 are the most likely to sustain a TBI.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
TBIs vary in severity depending on how and where the brain tissue is damaged. TBIs have different types and grades with three levels of severity: mild, moderate, and severe. The severity of a TBI is determined by evaluating various factors like motor and verbal responses.
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Mild TBIs, also known as mild concussions, generally do not cause a person to lose consciousness. If there is any loss of consciousness, it is for less than half an hour. A mild TBI may also cause a brief mental status or awareness change, and it is common for a person to feel dizzy, confused, or disoriented.
Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury
Moderate TBIs can result in a person being unconscious for more than half an hour. It may also cause a more prolonged or severe change in mental status than a mild TBI. Moderate TBIs can cause permanent brain damage and disability.
Severe Traumatic Brain Injury
Severe TBIs can result in a person being unconscious for more than a day and a profound change in mental awareness. These changes may include a coma, a vegetative state, a minimally conscious state, or locked-in syndrome. Severe TBIs can cause lifelong brain damage, disability, or death.
Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Has your TBI resulted in high medical costs, loss of income, and physical and emotional pain? By filing a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover these damages and more.
Compensation for brain injury victims can include economic and non-economic damages, and it depends on the nature and severity of your injuries and their long-term impact.
Damages you can recover for your TBI injury include:
Medical expenses: You may be compensated for the cost of your past, ongoing, and future medical expenses, including:
Other necessary treatments
Lost wages: You may be compensated for sources of income that you have missed or will miss due to your injury, including:
Past and future lost wages
Emotional pain and suffering: You may recover compensation for the mental anguish and emotional distress you do or will experience, including:
Loss of enjoyment of life
Depending on your case, you or your loved one may recover other damages, including:
Loss of consortium if your injuries resulted in the loss of companionship and intimacy with your spouse
Loss of parental guidance if your TBI injury denied your children your parental care and guidance, awarded per child
Punitive damages if the at-fault party engaged in reckless or malicious conduct
How a Duluth Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Can Help
A traumatic brain injury case is not easy to handle on your own, especially with the emotional distress it causes. Have you considered working with a TBI attorney?
Your TBI lawyer will be able to assist you in your pursuit to recover compensation and ensure you aren’t underpaid. Here’s how they can help you, depending on your case:
- Motor vehicle accident: Your traumatic brain injury lawyer will help you determine the at-fault party in an auto accident, file your claim, and argue the cause and extent of your injuries to recover fair compensation.
- Slip-and-fall accident: A lawyer can help you recover compensation for a property owner’s negligence by proving a dangerous condition existed on the property and caused your injury.
- Workplace accident: In the event of a workplace accident, you may be able to recover from your employer or their workers’ compensation insurer. A lawyer can help you file a claim, negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, or bring a personal injury lawsuit.
- Medical malpractice: If you were injured during medical treatment, you may be able to prove that a medical professional breached their duty of care. A personal injury attorney can help you bring a claim for medical malpractice against your provider and their insurer.
- Assault and battery: If you were the victim of an assault resulting in a brain injury, an attorney can help you pursue a civil case against the perpetrator and recover compensation from that person or their insurance company.
Reach Out to Tadeo & Silva Law Firm Today
Tadeo & Silva Law Firm attorneys have helped hundreds of personal injury victims in Duluth, GA, receive fair compensation for their traumatic brain injuries and other damages. Our personal injury attorneys can assist you by:
- Evaluating your case and offering legal counsel on the best course of action
- Gathering evidence to prove negligence and brain injuries
- Negotiating with insurance companies or liable parties
- Representing you in court, if necessary
Interested in speaking with a compassionate Duluth brain injury lawyer? Contact Tadeo & Silva Law Firm today for a free initial consultation.